As our Host, you have the privilege to encourage the body to pray. Together, as a community, we’re going to approach the God we worship and the God we will all spend eternity with. This is something even more holy and sacred than our songs and our sermons. This is approaching God Himself together as a family.
Take a few moments to pray and consider the character of the God we’re going to be approaching. Ask the Lord to use the Spirit to draw others to approach God with us.
Overview of the Corporate Prayer:
- Bring everyone together around 9:45am
- Ask for prayer requests and/or share requests below
- Remind us of the Series Theme
- Read the Passage
- Encourage everyone to pray, but there is no order
- Allow for a lot of silence during prayer time
- Close the group in prayer around 10:15am
Series Theme: Our Confidence in the Gospel
Each sermon series we’ll have a theme that we are praying together in light of what we’re learning. This series theme is our confidence in the Gospel.
Our theme will be based on a particular passage from the series. This passage should be read right before we begin prayer. You can ask someone to read it and if you like, you can also highlight a few aspects of the passage for consideration while we pray, but the Host will not assign any specific elements to those who are joining us for prayer.
19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, 20 by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
- Pray for opportunities as a family to make additional disciples by making much of Jesus
- Pray for wisdom for the Hillner family (Joel, Nicole and their two kids Barrett and Abigail) as they evaluate moving their family to Liberia, Africa to serve as long term missionaries
- Thank the Lord for our Elder Candidates, and ask for the Lord to raise up Deacons to serve the church
- We've been blessed with a lot of young children, pray that the Spirit would unite those children to Jesus
- Ask the Spirit to use the words from the worship leader and teacher this morning
- Pray for the salvation of the individuals in our government "that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life" (1 Tim 2:2)